Saturday, April 20, 2013

Pain

So, I haven't written for a couple of days. Shouldn't be writing now, but my hits are crashing and I feel compelled.

I completely blew my hand/wrist/arm yesterday. Not doing something exciting or athletic, but rather by holding a heavy book cracked open in my left hand for three or so hours straight. The pain is astounding. Like shouting out loud, can't hike up my own pants astounding. Any twist, jar, or gravitational pull is agonizing.

Gonna make finishing that names/addresses list for the class reunion thing really hard. Already is making it hard, and I have until Wednesday.

Skelaxin has no effect. Ibuprofen only a little. And the more I clutch the arm to my side and struggle to keep it immobile, the more my back and neck hurt.

What a mess.

Watched "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead" tonight. A little woo, but a lot of inspiration, too. It's good to see people succeed. Wondering how juicing and blood sugar go together without that fibrous pulp.

That's all. Tapping one handed on the iPad hurts.

1 comment:

  1. Juicing is "woo" and I think the effects that are reported might be more due to what you aren't eating than what you are getting from the juice. What i mean is, when you don't have any fat, meat, glue-y flour and processed foods for several days, you'll notice an effect, but it doesn't mean that the juice solved your health issues. But I haven't watched "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead" yet, so I can't really weigh in on it. :)
    If you have an ACE bandage or a wrist wrap, put it on. It will help stabilize it while it heals, and remind you to keep it immobile too. Not too tight. Ice will help it too. Leave it on for 15 minutes at a time.

    ReplyDelete