Friday, March 29, 2013

Gay Baby Feet Abortion . . . AND ENGLAND!

So, this garbage came across my Facebook feed today, drew from me an immediate and strong response.


The garbage:


"If most of my Facebook friends are going to support people who are gay by posting the red equal sign, I am going to post two feet, the feet represent the millions who never get to breathe the air of this world, who never feel love let alone get married, those who never have the chance to have children or go to school or do anything many gays are afforded the privilege to do. They are never given this chance because a human decides that their life is unimportant because of a defect or being an inopportune time for the person who conceived them. This is for the millions of children aborted yearly. Talk about rights being denied."


And my Response:

No need to consider the rights of women who are told that they must bear children against their will, their bodies used and their lives torn to bits because a bunch of people seem to think it's their right to impose their faith on others, though.  Right? Even if we accept that a fetus is "a human life" (and I don't--it's a human life like an acorn is an oak tree or an egg is a chicken), since when do we force one human being to support another human being, against their will, using their own body? What next? Blood "donation" squads grabbing you off the street and forcing you to give blood because someone needs it? How about organs ala Monty Python? Seriously, you don't need that WHOLE liver, you don't need BOTH kidneys, so FORK OVER because someone else NEEDS it to survive! What, that's not okay? That's wrong? The government shouldn't be allowed to require you to use your body against your will to sustain someone else? Hmmm. Maybe you're not so "pro-life" after all. Maybe you're just "pro-fetus." Or, taken at its most basic, most obvious, maybe you're just "anti-woman." Or "pro-slavery."

Okay, the crappy "gays have a lot more rights than ABORTED FETUSES" stuff aside (I know, it's hard to push aside, practically need a bulldozer it's such a weighty pile of manure), and the sickening "I'm going to hop on this bandwagon both to push my agenda AND to lessen the impact of the original movement" thing notwithstanding, what the hell, you know?  I seriously question the stability and psychological wellness of people who spend their days crying over aborted embryos and fetuses when there are real, live PEOPLE all around us who are suffering.  Who need our help.  There are tens of thousands of REAL children in our foster care system who will never know a loving family.  And you want to boob about the imaginary lives non-people might have had, had they actually developed normally in the womb and become humans? 

You need to grow up.  I mean, I support your right to FEEL that way, but your right to enforce your religion or wonky idea of what is and isn't a "person" ends when it forces women to carry unwanted pregnancies.  And shut the heck up with that idiotic "if you want to play, you have to pay/if you didn't want to get pregnant, you shouldn't have had sex" garbage!  One, that is totally woman-hating--proposing that women who are sexually active somehow "deserve" the punishment of carrying an unwanted pregnancy to term.  Two, that's like telling your wife that, if she hadn't wanted her daughter to die in a car accident, she shouldn't have bought a car.  Or telling your neighbor, "Hey, if you didn't want that lightning bolt to blast apart your home, you shouldn't have built a house."  It's disingenuous vomit, and you know it.  

And speaking of vomit?  "What if Einstein's mother had gotten an abortion?"  Goodness.  And what if Hitler's mother had gotten an abortion?  What if a runaway milk cart had taken out Abraham Lincoln or a shark had meandered miles upstream to take a chunk out of Mark Twain?  What if, what if, what if?  It's a stupid question, and it doesn't mean anything.  

Sorry, sidetracked a little there.  Fact is, I support your right to FEEL however, and also support your right to then LIVE as you BELIEVE, i.e., don't ever terminate a pregnancy.  But that's where it ends.  Just as MY being pro-choice shouldn't result in YOUR being forced to terminate a pregnancy, the reverse is also true--just  because YOU don't think abortion is okay doesn't mean *I* should be forced to carry a pregnancy to term.  

*** A small note for the small number of slow, cowardly folk whose courageous defense of "the unborn" goes exactly so far as leaving anonymous comments on a blog?  ANONYMOUS!  There's not enough laughter in the world, so thank you for bringing some my way.  


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alright, enough of that.

Our boy's oral surgeon appointment went . . . disconcertingly.  Scarily.  The only spot we've been so worried about?  No change, doctor says he's not worried.  But the new spot near the lower right wisdom tooth?  It's not new--it's on last year's x-rays, too, but it's markedly larger this year.  He wants to take a "watch and wait" approach because, again, it's down near that nerve canal.  There's another spot up near the wisdom tooth in the left maxilla.  It's small.  

What a mess.  Not sure how I feel about waiting another full year before having it checked again.  Seems . . . stupid.

Here are the x-rays for comparison:








Oh, there's also another spot, can't see it well with the scans, between the left mandibular bicuspids.  It's got that "radiolucent with a radiopaque halo" gig going on.  Whatever it is, you can see how the teeth have angled/grown around it.  He says he's not worried.  I'm worried.  I'm thinking I'm worried enough to wait six months, then seek out a second opinion.  

Just to see.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Since I'm on a roll, let's talk about marriage equality.  Or, rather, let's talk about some of the memes going around promoting marriage equality.  Here's one in particular:


Okay, straight up, flat out--who cares?  I mean, I get the sentiment, but who cares?  Whether you embrace the particular mythology or no, religion has no place in our government.  So who CARES if Jesus or whomever did or didn't wax whatever on whichever subject?  Doesn't matter.  What does matter?

That homosexuals are.  That's really it, the central thing--they ARE.  And therefore, they should be entitled the same rights and opportunities as everyone else.  

And I KNOW that's not in the Bible.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I saw a really, REALLY horrid wallpaper-carpet combo yesterday--let me go find it!



Ta Daaaaaaa!

Oh, and I nearly forgot--I just wanted to say I LOVE ENGLAND!  I do, you know?  I love England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales.  Just love the living daylights out of them.  And yes, I absolutely recognize the differences, issues, and histories of each.  So, while I love England, I also think maybe she needs a bit of a serious dressing down for being such a bully for so long (good thing the U.S. stepped up to accept the "World Bully" mantle, huh?).  I adore Llewelyn Fawr, Robert the Bruce, and Brian Boru.  Oh, and Simon de Montfort.  That would be Simon de Montfort, the 6th Earl of Leicester and 1st Earl of Chester, not the other Simons de Montfort who came before.  What a guy, huh?  Sure, flawed as all get-out, but what a guy.

Mostly, I'm just pandering here.  It's not that I don't love the "British Isles."  Oh, I do--so much so that we have, more than once, tried to figure out how to move there in the long term.  But I'm writing this for a baser reason--I want more readers from that part of the world.  I would love to make that "leap across the pond."

So, was that butt-kissy enough?  Will you give me a read?  Come on, you know you want to!

Do not reprint without permission. © KAQ

7 comments:

  1. You should probably do some research into the growing life of a fetus. It is simply incomparable to to an acorn or a chicken egg, as you post suggests. Human life is a human life - adults who are homosexual should be treated just as those who are murdered at 6 months gestation - some who even do make it out of the womb to breathe air and cry - but are unwanted by the mother, so they aren't allowed to live on. How is it fair for those who make the very clear choice to have unprotected sex to then decide that they don't want to deal with the consequences, so an innocent life must end?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Normally, I don't publish comments from folks who don't identify themselves, but this one is so beautifully illustrative of exactly what I describe: ". . . adults who are homosexual should be treated just as those who are murdered at 6 months gestation . . ."

    This person has obviously put almost no thought whatsoever into the issue. They've latched onto the idea that an embryo or a fetus is "ohhhh, a baby!" and their thought process stopped right there. A fetus is absolutely comparable to an acorn or an egg--it is a thing that, given the right circumstances and environment, will grow to become something else, something independently alive. But the misogynistic idea that women who have "unprotected sex" should be forced to sustain this potential human against their will using their own bodies? Horrifying. Even if all abortions were performed because of "unprotected sex" (and they're not), the very idea of forcing women to bear unwanted children because they behaved badly is atrocious.

    You should probably do some research . . . into Ceausescu's ROMANIA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your justification of abortion is atrocious. You are advocating the murder of a child and the destruction of the souls of both the mother and the child. It is a mortal sin to abort - that means a person has deliberately chosen to separate themselves from God. Unless that person is truly remorseful and asks for forgiveness, they WILL go to Hell. Jesus spoke more about Hell than Heaven by far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hang on--a mortal . . . what? A what? A SIN? Jesus WHO? You make my point--it's not a matter of reason or reality, but rather a matter of nutty mythology and deluded Kool-Aid drinkers looking to enslave women by forcing them to carry unwanted pregnancies. My justification is atrocious? What do you call oppressing women based upon a make-believe ghostie in the sky? God? Pffft, why not the Cookie Monster? At least he's REAL.

      Delete
  4. " I mean, I support your right to FEEL that way," .......................... so what makes your FEELINGS that pro-life is wrong, to be the right FEELINGS? Hypocrite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, it would appear that "Anonymous" (aka Coward) is confused as to the meaning of the word "hypocrite." Not surprising; the atrocious grammar and dozen-and-a-half dots tell me I'm not dealing with a particularly sharp tool. Here's the thing, Anony--whether I'm right or wrong, I'm not advocating forcing others to toe a religious line or physically endure any particular thing because of my views. When a dippy anti-choicer squeals to legislate his (or, sickeningly, her) faith, they act to force women to live by their twisted philosophy. In other words (little words this time), my FEELINGS allow for YOU to feel (and therefore act) as you choose--that includes the right to choose NEVER to terminate a pregnancy. Your FEELINGS, on the other hand, would enslave me and force me to live by your twisted, jacked up, utterly psychotic mythology. See the difference? No, of course you don't, you stupid, stupid creature.

      Delete
  5. Understand, of course, that my comments are moderated. In other words, I choose which comments show. If your comments show, it's because I wish it. The last two comments? I published because they were so ridiculously stupid and so painfully easy, it seemed a fun way to entertain myself while waiting for the family to finish up a video. So thanks for the easy fun. I hope you had as good a time as I did.

    ReplyDelete